Friday, January 13, 2012

Jon's Birthday Present. 8/17/2011

So I found a great deal for tandem paragliding. And decided it would be a cool thing to give Jon for his birthday. I bought two because I didn't think he would think it was too awesome to go by himself. The guy who took us up was great. His name is Chris. I am very afraid of heights so this was a very brave thing for me to go through with. It turned out to be very peaceful and not very scary.
This is Jon taking off


Getting ready My helmet was a bit loose and really hard to adjust

Jon getting ready. This back pack turns into a seat it is pretty cool.
Here is a short video of my landing. It was pretty smooth. They had Jon land at the top, and the wind pulled him back and he slid on his but and the gravel for a bit. I didn't get a picture because I didn't realize he was landing until it was too late and I was on the wrong side of the mountain. I wish I had gotten it though it was pretty funny.

No comments: