Thursday, February 19, 2009

Progress!

Here's another picture of Daniel and one of his towers.

Hooray! I know you have all been sitting on the edge of your seats waiting for a potty training update so here it is! The wait is over. Daniel has decided to be interested in potty training today. He is doing great he has only had one accident today and he even went #2 once! Woo hoo! I know this seems a bit silly to some of you that I am so excited but If you've ever tried to potty train a child I am sure you understand. This is probably a bit premature since tomorrow or this afternoon after his nap he may just decide that it is not worth the effort...but for now I am happy and optimistic. We are using a lot of incentives. If he pee's in the toilet he gets to put a sticker on his chart. If he poops he gets a toy car(at least the next three times)and if he keeps his diaper clean for a few hours two or three(We tell him how long that is by the events in his day like nap time and lunchtime and things like that) he gets to have five chewy sweet tart candies(at least for now we may have to find something a bit more healthy in the future) We don't have any candy or treats in our house usually so he is pretty excited about the candy. So now you can all relax a little I will try not to make you wait so long for the next update. I know how exciting this is for everyone(hehe)

Here is a funny picture of Daniel and Leah Daniel really wanted to hold Leah but she was a little too squirmy for him this time. Ha Ha. I love this Picture!

4 comments:

Tarmy said...

Congrats Val! I hope he keeps moving forward.
Potty Training is the pits...

Sarah said...

My nephew was the same way. He wanted nothing to do with it for quite a while and then one day he decided he was going to do it and never looked back. Things went fast from that day on. I think everything comes easier when they decide to do it for themselves, it just sucks waiting for them to decide. I'm glad things are going well. Right now I'm just waiting for Miles to sleep through the night!

Shari said...

Hey Val, I think mark took some of those pictures too. Seems Like I remember him wanting to take some also.

Shari said...

I would love to take your guys family pictures. Just for Fun! I really like doing it and its even better when the other side knows your not a pro, just enjoy doing it. :)