Saturday, June 6, 2009

five day update

So here is an update on my diet exercise week. I did pretty well on Monday Tuesday and wed. Thursday I ate a couple of Annies ginger thins because Mom bought them and they are my favorite. I also had a piece of Lemon cake at a friends B-day party and Didn't exercise (Unless you count Mopping the basement floor. It did probably take an hour.)

Friday I did nothing but read a novel and the bare minimum of work(ie feeding kids and changing diapers...) Not my best day. It was a good book though. The Hourglass door. I did not exercise and I had dutch oven chocolate cake after dinner. My eating was ok for the rest of the day though.

I probably should have checked my blog before today. If I would have known that people were actually interested in doing goals with me, I probably would have done a little better.

I've been thinking about creating a separate blog for every one who wants to do this or maybe using sparkpeople.com Then it might seem more official or something. What do you guys think. Thanks for being interested and good luck with your goals!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

There is no shame in having a piece of cake! Life isn't worth living if you're consumed with guilt over a cookie...the number one rule in dietetics is 90/10 (do your best 90% of the time then the other 10% is left for freebies).
It sounds like you're doing great. Keep up the good work!

Manndi said...

I vote that mopping is exercise. I did some mopping yesterday that seriously elevated my heart rate! I'm with you too. My goal is to walk 4-5 days a week. This afternoon thunderstorm patter we're in has pretty much eliminated my exercise this week, and I'm not happy about it! :)

Valerie said...

Thanks Sarah! I agree. I had another piece of cake yesterday. The trick is to only have one and not eat half the cake:) And Manndi I am so excited that you are going to join me! It really helps just to have friend support and know that you are not alone! Yeah. I've been working out outside too and the crazy weather does make it more difficult.

Michelle said...

I loved Sarah's comment too. You're doing great Val!! And you are inspiring the rest of us to do better as well.