Monday, June 1, 2009

Health and Fitness Goals

So I am trying to commit to being Healthy. I am having a really hard time doing it. I pretty much like to eat junk food whenever I am bored, frustrated, tired etc. So I decided that maybe if I posted about it and made a bit bigger of a commitment where people could see weather or not I am sticking to it. That it would be helpful too me. I want to loose about 15 to 20 lbs but I'm not really too concerned with what the scale says. I am more concerned with how my pants fit, how flexible and strong I am, and not looking completely gross in my swim suit(or actually being brave enough to wear one in public:) So here are my goals.

1. Eat 4 to 5 small 350 to 400 cal meals a day with A veggie and lean protien
2. Do some form of exercise six days a week for 30 min
3. No White flower, refined sugar

Three rules. Now that shouldn't be to hard right:) So I am going to try to give a brief update once a week about how things went. I will also try to have more interesting posts with it so you all don't get bored. I would love support so if any one wants to have some kind of a contest where we see how long we can stick too our goals(whatever they may be)That would probably help me to have a better attitude about the hole thing and it would be fun to see how you guys progress in your goals as well. Let me know if your interested:)

6 comments:

Tarmy said...

Hmmm... I thought maybe posting my "no chocolate" goal would help, but since I only lasted a day and a half it just made me feel dumb. I'll think on some goals and possibly get back to you Ü
I think yours are great! good luck!

Michelle said...

I do want to do something, just not good at the food part.

Here are the goals I know I can do, I just need motivation:

1. Do Pilates 2 times a week
2. Walk or bike ride 2-3 times a week

I want to do the meal one with you, but I'm really bad at not eating chocolate, etc... You should post some examples of small meals you will eat, so I can have some ideas. I usually just eat cereal for breakfast, a sandwich with William for lunch, and dinner, I will try to eat small portions, but I don't want to cut anything out of my dinner menu. I guess I am saying I would like to change my breakfast and lunch, and I would like some ideas...hmmm long comment...sorry.

Alice said...

I'm in. My midwife tells me I need to drink 64 oz. of water a day--and I hate doing it. That'll be my goal. I'll have to think of another one or two later :D.

Valerie said...

Awesome! You guys are great!
It think it really will help if we let each other know how we are doing. Now I feel like I might actually exercise today!

jenerekfamily said...

I have gone 4.5 weeks now without eating any sugar/desserts. I plan to stick it out until January 1st.

Valerie said...

Go Jen! You are amazing! Thanks for posting!